Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

APP SO 2 x AIR-CT5508-K9 configure HA

Hi Friends,

I have 2x  AIR-CT5508-K9 , one of this has 150 AP License, another dont have license.

Can i configure the HA APPSO ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: APP SO 2 x AIR-CT5508-K9 configure HA

Slightly confusing I know .. If you want to do ha on a 5508. You purchase a 5508 with the ha sku or you purchase a 5508 with a 50 ap license. When the 5508 has a 50 or more ap license it allows you to turn it into ha mode.

Think of the 50 ap licenses as a cost of doing ha ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
4 REPLIES

Your backup controller needs a 50 ap license minimum to do APSSO.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

But, the 150 licenses of first controller(active) will be transfer to another controller(standby) automatically, even the second has only 50 ap license?

tks

Slightly confusing I know .. If you want to do ha on a 5508. You purchase a 5508 with the ha sku or you purchase a 5508 with a 50 ap license. When the 5508 has a 50 or more ap license it allows you to turn it into ha mode.

Think of the 50 ap licenses as a cost of doing ha ..

Tks !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies