cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR Connected to 5508 HA pair

kdavison007
Level 1
Level 1

I have single ASR1006 and I'm attempting to add some redundancy to my WLCs that attach directly.  Right now, I have a single interface connected to a 5508.  Using subinterfaces I run the different WLANs and route them at the ASR.  I would like to have this 5508 pair up in HA, but I'm not sure how best to configure the ASR to do this.  I'm trying to avoid fronting them with a switch stack if possible.  One thought was to create a channel-group on the ASR that two ports are members of;one going to WLC 1 and the other to WLC 2.  Then I would be routing on the sub po1.xxx interfaces.  I'm not sure if the etherchannel would send the traffic correctly to the WLCs though.  I'm thinking the WLCs would still be in LAG mode for this.  Any thoughts?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its really best practice to have a switch interface with the WLC's.  One of the important things also if your use LAG is the etherchannel should be set on the switch side as src-ip-dst.  Especially when you are doing HA, you might even run into more issues due to the design you are trying to use. 

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card