Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Assigning multipple IP addresses on a single wireless network adaptor

I want to know how to assign permenently and staticaly multipple ip addresses to single wireless network adaptor. I could do it in advance mode in TCP/IP property window, but the second ip adress never remains there after restarting the machine. Kindly help me.. Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Assigning multipple IP addresses on a single wireless networ

As far as I know, you cannot do this in windows. In linux it is possible to assign multiple ip adresses to an adapter. Maybe with a modified network driver for windows. May I ask why you want to do this ?

We have several isolated LANs in sepearte subnets. one group needs two of these subnets in their laptops. I have an idea of playing with subnetmask so as bring both these subnets within the allowed hosts for their PC. I hope I am right. Do you have any other idea please do inform me ..thanks

Zacharia Mathew

So you have VLANS, and you want to have laptops member of 2 VLANS ?

Is it not better to route between the VLANS and apply ACLs ?

No VLANs. The LANS what I am talking about wewre never interconnected before. Only some people need them to be used together. Both these LANS will fall within one subnet if I

reduce the subnet mask bits only for this notebook users who need it.

Views
Helpful
Replies