Views
Helpful
Replies

association table timeout defaults

jimbostan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone explain why the defaultf timeouts for devices in the association tables seem to be so long (to me anyway)? Or point me to docs that explain why these are set this way.....I've not had much luck looking myself.

....thanks in advance...........Jamie

2 Replies 2

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

I found this infomation on the URL below. I hope this helps. "These settings determine the number of seconds the access point continues to track an inactive device depending on its class. A setting of zero tells the access point to track a device indefinitely no matter how long it is inactive. A setting of 300 equals 5 minutes; 1800 equals 30 minutes; 28800 equals 8 hours".

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch7.htm#1036531

Hi,

Yes........I read those docs too. However, they don't explain why, eg. I would want to track a client for half an hour after they've left the BSS.......why wouldn't the default be....say.....5 minutes?

.....thanks for the reply...........J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card