Views
Helpful
Replies

auto contained feature in cisco wlc 7.6 issue

Mohamed Sayed
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i have cisco wlc 7.6 and i configured auto contain feature for rouge APs as the configuration guide and then click on apply and save configuration.

but when go to monitor tap to see the status of rouge AP I found that they are in alert state (which must be contained) please advice what may be the issue ?

appreciation.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't use that feature... it can get you in legal trouble and also, it can hurt your wireless since it takes resources from that AP and if you have clients on that AP, they will be impacted.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am sure that

but my problem is when I activate auto-contain feature, it not put the rogue APs in contained state.

why it is not working please advice.

That is becuase you are using auto-contain.... Contained State is if you manually contain.

-Scott

then how to verify that rouge APs are contained after I enabled the feature of auto-contain?

appreciation

Monitor > Rogues > Malicious APs

you mean that all rouge APs that are auto-contained are classified as malicious APs ?

after configured the auto-contain, I went to Monitor > Rogues > Malicious APs and donnot find any AP here, I found all APs in unclassified state not malicious ??

please advise 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Scott. 

Unless you are sure the potential rogue AP is located INSIDE your premises, do not enable auto-contain.  You will get into legal trouble for containing someone else's wifi network.  

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just remember, that this will affect your wireless performance.  During containment, the AP will drop your clients.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: