Views
Helpful
Replies

Autonomous Cisco 1242 in Scanner Mode

dachser72
Level 1
Level 1

Hello support community,

we had a problem with a customer wlan in our warehouse (cannel overlapping). The troubleshoot needed a long time. For the future if requipred in case of problems i want to configure one access point in the warehouse as a scanner (please find picture in the attachement). The Autonomous cisco 1242 is now configured as scanner but i can't see any logfiles? Where can i find these informations.

This is the cisco description of the scanner mode:
Scanner—Functions as a network monitoring device. In the Scanner mode, the access point does not accept associations from clients. It continuously scans and reports wireless traffic it detects from other wireless devices on the wireless LAN. All access points can be configured as a scanner.

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well from this doc, it requires a WLSE in order to see data when in scanner mode.

–Scanner—Specifies that the unit is configured by a Cisco WLSE and operates as a scanner and reports network traffic to the Cisco WLSE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1240/quick/guide/ap1240qs.html

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card