Views
Helpful
Replies

AVC support for 3500 Series AP on 5760 platform

patrick.kofler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

The title says it all. According to the 5760 Configuring Application Visibility and Control guide only the following AP types are supported

• Cisco Aironet 1600 Series Access Points
  • Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Wireless Access Points
  • Cisco Aironet 3600 Series Access Points

What about the 3500 Series? Is it not (yet) supported? They are still relatively new and AVC works on AireOS based WLCs.

Had not yet the chance to do a test myself, so I am asking here.

Regards,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patrick,

Here is the latest AVC guide for 5760. Only addition was 3700 to the list of 1600,2600 & 3600.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/iosXE_3point3_AVC_DG.html

So no support for 3500.

I do not think Cisco will make it work as they want to discontinue 3500 series.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well with CA, I believe that they are only supporting what they consider their Next Generation Access Points. I don't think that the 3502's will be supported for AVC if not already supported. The thing is, you want it documented as supported so that TAC will support it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Patrick,

Here is the latest AVC guide for 5760. Only addition was 3700 to the list of 1600,2600 & 3600.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/iosXE_3point3_AVC_DG.html

So no support for 3500.

I do not think Cisco will make it work as they want to discontinue 3500 series.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi Patrick,

Further to this I have tested myself AVC on 5760. 3500 series AP not working (as expected ) & 3600 works fine.

Here is the results for your reference

http://mrncciew.com/2013/12/17/configuring-avc-on-a-5760/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful resposnes ****

Good Job Ras (VIP Endorse) my friend!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hey George,

Thanks for that..

I am getting started working on these platforms (3850/5760) keep in mind bringing 3700 onto the network Q1/Q2-2014 under CA architecture.

Thougth sharing these sort of things here could benifit many others (as we are lacking of good documentation for CA).

Cheers

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card