Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Backbone Connectivity Lost + CPU

Is it possible that the BB Connectivity gets lost when the AP or Bridge has much to do (high CPU)?

Is there any possibility to check the CPU of an AP or Bridge?

regards Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Backbone Connectivity Lost + CPU

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap35ch13.htm#1044368

There are some debugs that can be done, see the link above.

:vxdiag_i will give you a list of tasks that is a pretty good guide to the cpu load ( not as good as a router's show proc cpu)

I would not expect this to be the cause of the lost connectivity to the BB I would be trying a new cable and different switch port

Also try hard coding the speed and duplex 10M half duplex is the best option as it is the closest to the radio that is 11 m half duplex and will mean less buffering is needed by the ap and as such les chance of drops

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Backbone Connectivity Lost + CPU

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap35ch13.htm#1044368

There are some debugs that can be done, see the link above.

:vxdiag_i will give you a list of tasks that is a pretty good guide to the cpu load ( not as good as a router's show proc cpu)

I would not expect this to be the cause of the lost connectivity to the BB I would be trying a new cable and different switch port

Also try hard coding the speed and duplex 10M half duplex is the best option as it is the closest to the radio that is 11 m half duplex and will mean less buffering is needed by the ap and as such les chance of drops

Views
Helpful
Replies