Views
Helpful
Replies

Battery replacement.

snarf65
Level 1
Level 1

l.s.

I suspect one of my controllers to have a faulty battery which has to be replaced, in the pricing tool i cannot find a replacement part number.

can anyone enlighten me on where to find this?

Thanx in advance

Frans Verschoor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Frans,

I'm sorry, I thought you meant some kind of internal battery for device operation. It certainly does have a BIOS battery of some kind.

Do you have NTP configured, or do you just have the time hard-set?

There won't be a part number for this kind of thing. You'll need to use a SmartNet contract to open a Cisco TAC case. They'll be able to assist you with this.

Jeff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Do you mean a faulty power supply? Or maybe a device other than a controller? The reason I ask is that controllers don't have batteries.

Hi,

No not the power supply that's fine, i mean maybe something like a biostypelike battery to keep the internal clock running. are you sure they don't have one. In this case i'm working with a 3750 integrated 4402 controller.

and this particular one loses it's set time whenever it is rebooted.

Greetings Frans

Hi Frans,

I'm sorry, I thought you meant some kind of internal battery for device operation. It certainly does have a BIOS battery of some kind.

Do you have NTP configured, or do you just have the time hard-set?

There won't be a part number for this kind of thing. You'll need to use a SmartNet contract to open a Cisco TAC case. They'll be able to assist you with this.

Jeff

i have ntp configured, and all my other controllers have no problem retaining time (in between the configured update windows oc.) thanx i'll be contacting our service partner for this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card