Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBSM 5.2 -- WEBpatch Transfer Error

I have a BBSM appliance (BBSM 5.2 Build 2.00) with all the service packs up to AccessCodesPatch.exe (Patch 5220).

I am trying to transfer and then install patches 5223, 5230, 5232, 5233, and 5239. However, I get the following error message after browsing to the image location and clicking the transfer button:

"BBSM WEBpatch Transfer Error

File was not successfully transferred. "

I have tried to load the patches locally and remotely; all have failed showing the message above.

The Java 2 Plug-in version 1.3.1_03 is loaded on the appliance and the computer that I used for remote access. In fact, I have tried the java plug-in version from Sun and the version located on CCO. I have tried everything step-by-step in the ‘Before You Start’ section 4-4 of the BBSM 5.2 users guide for loading patches without any success.

Has anyone come across this same issue, or have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BBSM 5.2 -- WEBpatch Transfer Error

Hi,

Maybe your ftp service is stopped on your server. If not, just copy the patch file to "C.\Inetpub\patch" folder of your server and then run the webpatch utility again. Directly go to the Install Patch section, there you will see the patch file.

3 REPLIES

I did come accross this problem during Blaster Spread. When I try to transfer RPCBufferOverRun.exe, it has the exact error message show like u mention. I manage to installed this patch by extract to local drive and manually execute the executable file with the option listed down at autoexec.bat.

If u use this method, then webpatch won't display and log this patch as installed.

Hope it help. Cisco just released out RPCSSbufferoverun.exe on 25/9/2003. Time to patch BBSM server again.

Hi,

Maybe your ftp service is stopped on your server. If not, just copy the patch file to "C.\Inetpub\patch" folder of your server and then run the webpatch utility again. Directly go to the Install Patch section, there you will see the patch file.

Thank you very much for both of your replies! I really appreciate your taking time to help resolve my issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content