Views
Helpful
Replies

Br350 - Diversity and drivers issue

jensolav2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with the Aironet BR350, in the way it handles diversity. I run V12.05, and I use them as bridges with clients which means other bridges can route through.

I have Tx/Rx diversity enabled on both rightand left antennae, and I log the signal strength every second via SNMP. It is my perception that the radios will keep the connection down to 30-35% signal strength.

However, some times when the Rx signal strength on a non-root unit is averaging around 60-70, a singular drop to 35-40

(or even higher like 45)

would coincide with the root unit to restart the process to the non-root-bridge, which causes a dropout of about 30 seconds. Reason for the drop of signal strenght is believed to be a short temporary multipath fade much less than 1 second, and in some of these cases the signal quality also gets worse. But I only get one outlier hit in the log. It is too bad that this causes 30s outage.

At this time I know for sure that the other antenna has a reasonable signal.

Has anyone got any similar experience, and maybe a solution?

2 Replies 2

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

could you give the debug commands outputs

Hi

here is a transcript of debugging. Note that these are logged on the RootBridges network, and timestamp is when they arrive there after the link is restored.

Mar 16 06:20:36 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge(Info): Associated to Parent

[Bridge_Root]00409656db77

Mar 16 06:20:40 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Warning): Lost Authentication

with Parent

Mar 16 06:20:40 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Info): Stopped driver for port

"br9"

Mar 16 06:20:41 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Info): Started driver for port

"br9"

Mar 16 06:20:41 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Info): Associated to Parent

[Bridge_Root]00409656db77

Mar 16 06:20:41 [ip address omitted] last message repeated 1 time

Mar 16 06:21:19 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Warning): Lost Authentication

with Parent

Mar 16 06:21:19 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Info): Stopped driver for port

"br9"

Mar 16 06:21:21 [ip address omitted] NonRootWirelessBridge (Warning): Failed to Send

Packet on port "awc0" (error=0x00000041)

Mar 16 06:21:21 [ip address omitted] last message repeated 9 times

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card