Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BR350 Point to Multipoint Configuration - Associations

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me here. I am currently setting up a wireless bridged back-up network for one of our customers, and it seems to be doing some odd things.

I have a Root bridge, that has an SSID the same as the seven Non-Root Bridges, all of these associate okay with the root bridge.

This is my problem. I thought that setting a bridge to Root, meant it would not accept wireless clients? I can however connect to it using a Cisco Wireless card with no difficulty.

The other problem I have is that if I set the remote bridges to Non-Root Bridge w/o Clients (as I only want them to be used as a back-up link in case of fibre failure), then although they are associated (according to the root bridge), I cannot ping any of them.

I have put loopback plugs into the power-injectors to keep the ethernet up, as the customer is using hubs, and old switches and so cannot utilise spanning tree, and will therefore only connect ethernet cable to live LAN in the event of a fibre failure.

We curretly have a differnet IP address for the ethernet and the wireless side, and I am wondering if this is causing a problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: BR350 Point to Multipoint Configuration - Associations

I think configuring Vlan in wireless LAN can solve the problem. Please refer this link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f784.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content