Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

br350's red lighting

We've had an ongoing problem. We put in BR350's going across short distances to some university apartments (1/4 mile most, line of sight). The root unit (on the campus LAN) almost never has a problem. But the non-roots connecting to it constantly go down. On some firmware versions, they constantly flap (dropping, reconnecting). On some firmware versions (like 11.23 and some older ones), they don't flap but after a few hours they freeze completely with the ethernet light going red. Our reseller worked for hours one day tweaking the units, trying different firmware versions and ultimately gave up. What are my options here? Anyone have ideas?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: br350's red lighting

To me it sounds like you may have a combination of several problems.

All RF issues needed to be eliminated.

All possible Firmware issues also need to be eliminated.

As it sounds like the basics of this has already been covered the most time effective step from here would be to get your reseller/intergration partner to raise a TAC case and then you, your partner and the TAC can fully troubleshoot this system.

I would not recommend older firmware versions. Use 12.01T as your base for troubleshooting then step through each part of the RF link. You will need the details of your site survey, details on antenna type and placement, distance between the bridges, length of coax etc.

I hope this helps

David

Re: br350's red lighting

Just to reinforce David's comments - I have had all manner of link flap problems using 350 series bridges. I upgraded a load yesterday to 12.01T and, fingers crossed, the problems seem to have gone away.

Quite why it took Cisco so long to fix these issues is any story - but at least we seem to be there now.

Regards, Barry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content