cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BR350 stops passing traffic

westmanm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a BR350 that is acting as a repeater. Every once and a while (with increasing frequency lately) the radio just stops passing data. I can't associate to the wireless side, and I haven't tested access from the wired side.

When the radio "goes stupid" a power cycle will bring the radio back to life for some time. The failure rate seems to be linked to the temp. The radio is inside of a box where the temp is probably around 120 degrees. We tried replacing the radio with no improvement.

The radio is running 12.03T1 as is the rest of the wireless network.

What's causing this?

2 Replies 2

westmanm
Level 1
Level 1

OK, let me try giving some more detail.

We have a couple of BR350s strung together over their wireless connections. We have on root radio that is connected to a 2621 doing NAT to a cable modem. What is really odd is this:

With the ethernet port on the root radio enabled the network will fail in about thirty seconds. With the ethernet port off, the network is stable and will hold itself up as expected. There is still data moving as one of the endpoints is another ISP that we carry data for.

So, what kind of interaction could be going on to cause this type of a network failure when everything is put together?

Thanks

Mike

Put your firmware back to 12.0.2T or earlier. Apparently there's a major bug in 12.0.3T that Cisco is unwilling to recognize. This problem is being reported all over this board and USENET among others. We battled the bug from the day 12.0.3T came out. TAC was useless; they just kept telling us "try this; now try this; now get this log". We finally told them that reverting to 12.0.2 caused the problem to go away. They finally created bug ID CSCec00332 (which is next to useless) but seemingly have done nothing with it since then.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card