Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch Office & HREAP & local Internet breakout

alex.roth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´m planning right now a local Guest Access breakout for a Branch Site which is connected over

a HREAP AP to a centraliced WLC . If I have it correctly understand then  I´ve to do following:

1. Creat a Guest SSID on the centralized WLC ( 5508 )  / enable local switching for this SSID

2. Create a Guest VLAN on the Branch Site with a local Internet breakout

3. Configure a Trunk port for the HREAP AP on the Branch site ( 1 VLAN for  Corportate SSID/ local switching   and 1x VLAN for Guest
with local Internet breakout )

Can I use the WLC as DHCP server for the Guest  SSID or should I use a local DHCP server ? I know about a feature

"central DHCP Processing "  but I never used this before and it is not 100% clear if this can help me in this case.

Thanks for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Local switching really requires you to have local DHCP. Now this is to support when the FlexConnect ap is in standalone. You can use a centralized DHCP server but wouldn't use the WLC as it's not supported by TAC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Local switching really requires you to have local DHCP. Now this is to support when the FlexConnect ap is in standalone. You can use a centralized DHCP server but wouldn't use the WLC as it's not supported by TAC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card