Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge Connection

Theo Van Wyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have setup a RAP and MAP with AIR-CAP1602E-E-K9 all working fine.

I need to bridge the connection so that i can attach an switch on the MAP AP

Both AP's Ethernet connections are set to bridge but i cannot reach the switch on the MAP AP i can reach the MAP AP.

The MAP AP Ethernet set to trunk mode allowing VLANS transparent VLAN set to off, switches connections set to trunk mode on both AP's

current version WLC

think I am doing something wrong on the trunk link on the switch side

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Upgrading to 7.5 actually fixed this issue. Luckily we haven't had any other issues because of upgrading for now

The bridge-group commands are still missing on Gi0 on the MAP, but as long as it is working I don't care.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Theo Van Wyk
Level 1
Level 1

(Cisco Controller) >show mesh path Point_to_Point_Far

AP Name/Radio      Channel Rate Link-Snr Flags    State

-----------------  ------- ---- -------- -------  -----

Point_to_Point     36      auto 41       0x0      UPDATED NEIGH PARENT BEACON

Point_to_Point    is a Root AP.

(Cisco Controller) >show mesh path Point_to_Point   

AP Name/Radio      Channel Rate Link-Snr Flags    State

-----------------  ------- ---- -------- -------  -----

Point_to_Point    is a Root AP.

Jochen Bartl
Level 1
Level 1

We've upgraded two days ago from 7.2 to 7.4.110.0. After that VLAN trunking wasn't working anymore. Like you described, I only could reach the MAP on the other side via the native VLAN.

RAP is a AIR-LAP1262N-E-K9

MAP is a AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9

After a bit debugging and logging in into the MAP via SSH I've seen that the bridge group config was missing on the APs ethernet interface. Adding the bridge group commands did fix the issue. However the commands don't survive a reboot of the AP.

interface GigabitEthernet0

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

no bridge-group 1 source-learning

So this is more some kind of a workaround. It would be interesting to know if you ran into the same issue.

Best regards,

Jochen

Hi Jochen

thanks for the reply, i got some info from our local cisco group that there is a bug in the 7.4 code giving issues with bridge mode but they have not done any testing to confirm. I wanted to upgrade the controller to 7.5 but client wanted connection up, so i used the following reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_configuration_example09186a0080bf450a.shtml?referring_site=smartnavRD. Standalone AP connecting to Mesh AP. The only difference is the AP is set to local mode on the controller.

wish i could test it now to confirm :-)

Thanks for your reply Theo. We'll upgrade to 7.5 this evening. I'll post the results here after that.

Upgrading to 7.5 actually fixed this issue. Luckily we haven't had any other issues because of upgrading for now

The bridge-group commands are still missing on Gi0 on the MAP, but as long as it is working I don't care.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card