cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge Link reassociate every few seconds

bfults
Level 1
Level 1

I have been installing wireless links for about 4 years. In the last year or two I have install about 20 or so CISCO 350 bridge links. On about 90% of these links if you look at the logs there is million entries. It says lost association then reassociated over and over. Most are running wep some are not. Antenna RSSI on the links are from 30% to 100% on the different link (Strength doesn’t seen to make a difference). Does anyone else have this problem or is just me? I ask TAC about it every time I call with any kind of a wireless case and they seem not to be concerned and don’t have an answer for me. It has never been a problem till I started using Voice over IP equipment across some links.

I have some other brands of wireless bridges out there as well and once they connect they never disconnect till they are damaged in some way.

Thanks for any help.

6 Replies 6

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

What you have describe could be a known problem.

The DDTS number is CSCdz03100 and you can review this here

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

Launch the bug tool kit and type in the DDTS number is the id field

If you still have an RF issue the fix for the bug will not solve that but for the links where you have checked all possible sources of interference then it is most likely this problem

There is not a version of firmware on CCO that has this fix yet but if you contact the TAC and give them the description along with this DDTS number they will be able to help you get a fixed firmware version

David

I've been installing wireless since Cisco acquired Aironet.

I've noticed a similar phenomenon with APs and client cards momentarily losing association. This has happened in front of customers, and am at a loss to explain it.

I have the same problem. The problem is very pesky, when I trasmit a lot of MB suddenly the bridges loss the link and de-authenticate-->de-associates and after few second the link work properly again.

the distance between the bridges is about 700/800 meters and the link at 11Mbps is between 35% and 60% with excellent quality. the carrier test gives me no noise on the channel used.

I'm going to upgrade the firmware to 12.00. I hope to resolve the problem....my customer is very angry...and "I lost the serenity"!

Hi

I have had exactly the same issues with bridges running both 11.23 and 12.0. Most of these seemed to be fixed by moving to the latest release (12.01T1). I've still seen some issues with de-auth and re-auth about 1 second later, but with nothing like the frequency that it used to happen.

Since I've done this a lot of my very unhappy customers seem to be happy again. Why it took Cisco so long to fix this obvious bug is another question however....

Barry

iedwards
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a fix for this.

We are running 12.01T and found it still occurs, although I may have found an answer by entering in a preffered AP under advanced Radio settings.

Hi!

It can help if you raise the beacon period from 100 to a higher value. For example 4000

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card