Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bridge question to extend LAN

This is my plan:

Customer has 3 1231G access points.

Bldg 1 - AP1 connected to 3560 switch. AP1 is located in front of a window.

Bldg 2 - AP2 mounted inside but antenna is located on roof. Antenna is about 50 feet across the parking lot. AP3 and its antennas are located inside. This is a metal building so I need to get the signal inside. I would like to connect AP2 and AP3 with a network cable to get the signal from the roof antenna on AP2 to AP3 inside to give them coverage inside.

The main use for the wireless is for a 7920 IP phone that will seamlessly go from Bldg 1 out through the parking lot and inside Bldg 2.

What modes will I need on each AP? We have 2 SSIDs and VLANs. Native is for data, and the other is for the voice network.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Bridge question to extend LAN

Load current IOS code in the devices, then use two AP's in BRIDGE MODE (performing a Bridge link from the outside of blding 1 to blding 2 (then use the other two AP's as AP's inside the building for phone use. Note: use a different channel for the Bridge link say channel 1 and then put the other two AP's on channel 6 or 11.

Views
Helpful
Replies