Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

bridge to bridge and bridge to access-point is it possible

here;s my topology i am trying to configure. i have a router whose ethernet is connected to a bridge.this bridge 1 is connected to a bridge 2 via wireless. now i am trying to connect a access-point via wireless to this bridge2. is it possible for bridge 2 to support connectivity to the bridge1 and the access-point both of them via wireless.

can someone pls help me on this.

waiting for someone to reply.

regards

8 REPLIES

Re: bridge to bridge and bridge to access-point is it possible

what you want to research is point to multi-point.

Hi dear friend, I need to know what type of AP are you using an what type of bridge also.

By the mean time you can check out this information

http://cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4076/c2001/ccmigration_09186a0080606a87.pdf

Hope it Helps......

Hi dear friend, I need to know what type of AP are you using an what type of bridge also.

By the mean time you can check out this information

http://cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4076/c2001/ccmigration_09186a0080606a87.pdf

Hope it Helps......

I have done this very thing. You will need to have a cross-over cable between your non-root bridge and the access point. I have two locations where I have things working this way and it works fine. I've added a picture in .gif format so you can see how I hooked it up and the IP addressing I used.

Good luck getting it going.

I must also add that I had the access point plugged into a wall socket as the non-root bridge will obviously not supply Power over Ethernet. I thought I should mention that.

hi all sorry for the delayed reply.

i have 2 1231G access-points.

i want this kind of setup. ap1 and ap2 i want both the access-points to work as bridges. at the same time i want access-point1 to work as a access-point for wireless clients in my lan supporting 802.1x authentication and all. is it possible. can someone pls help me on this. i am new to wireless.

waiting for ur reply.

regards

sebastan

Take a look at my suggested config below. The first accesspoint will broadcast a SSID for clients and use a different SSID for the bridge. This setup has no 802.1x mechanism yet, but you can add that later. For the topology see PtoPLinkExample.gif posted earlier.

----- Accesspoint 1 --------------

dot11 ssid bridge

authentication open

!

dot11 ssid WiFiNet

authentication open

guest-mode

!

interface Dot11Radio0

ssid bridge

!

ssid WiFiNet

!

----- Accesspoint 2 --------------

dot11 ssid bridge

authentication open

!

interface Dot11Radio0

parent 1

!

ssid bridge

!

station-role workgroup-bridge

----- Accesspoint 3 --------------

dot11 ssid WiFiNet

authentication open

guest-mode

!

interface Dot11Radio0

ssid WiFiNet

!

hi thanks for ur reply buddy. so u mean to say the topology i am looking for is possible right. pls confirm on the same i am new to wireless. thanks a lot once again.

regards

sebastan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content