Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bridge with clients & multiple VLANs on 1242 AP

Hi,

I am trying to set up a test as per the attached diagram. I am looking to use 2x 1242 access points to bridge to a remote part of the network.

I currently have 2 VLANs on the network, all network devices are on VLAN 1 for management and client access is on VLAN 2.

What I am trying to achieve is to bridge between the two access points and also have clients connect to VLAN 2 on each access point.

Firstly, are the 1242's capable of this or would I need to look at a 1300 Bridge?

I have attached a copy of the base config I have on both AP's, the only difference between them is the root or non-root role.

My bridge link currently works and I can ping across it on VLAN 1 but I cannot get a client to connect to the SSID on VLAN2. Although the SSID is set to guest mode I cannot see it being broadcast and if I manually try and connect nothing happens.

Is there anything basic I am missing here or can anyone offer advice on bridging multiple VLANs with 1242 AP's?

Thanks,

Paul

1 REPLY

Re: Bridge with clients & multiple VLANs on 1242 AP

Ooops....forgot to add the attachments first time.

Thanks,

Paul.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content