Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk edit mac filter on NCS Prime 1.3

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was curious to know if there is a way to bulk edit our Mac Filter templates on NCS Prime 1.3? In the mac filter under controller template launch pad > Security > Mac Filtering we have several hundred templates for various devices. We are in need of changing the description field in all these. All the other settings will remain the same. I didn't know if there was a way to export the list, make the changes and import with only the description field changes. Otherwise, I will have to go through each one individually and rename, save and apply to controllers.

Thanks for the help,

-Nick

1 Reply 1

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

So you can open a Tac ticket and see if they can take your database and update them for you. I kind of doubt they will, but it's an option.

You could try doing a show run-config commands and take that into notepad or excel and update it and then paste the new commands back into the controllers. Then discover templates on the controllers again to reimport the templates.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card