Level 2

Hello

I need clarification

I am using the Cisco 1242 Radio with

AIR-ANT5959 with 2dBm gain

and the

AIR-CAB005LL-R cable with 0.5dB loss

Where can you enter this in the Cisco WCS

access point configuration - when you select the ANT5959 antenna it automatically adds 2DBm for the Antenna without an option to subtract the loss for the cable

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Very much so. I wish Cisco would just buy the Airmagnet product and incorporate that. Much more accurate and has tons of configuration options.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

You must enter it as a custom omni directional antenna and calculate the total gain on the antenna including cable loss. EIRP = Transmitter Output power + antenna gain - cable loss.

Dennis

Thanks for the reply

The only option available for external antenna's is "other" so If I use this the total gain will be 2 (antenna gain) - 0.5 (cable loss) = 1.5

It is a shame that the self documenting of the ANT5959 is lost due to the cable loss calculation.

Do you agree

Mark

Very much so. I wish Cisco would just buy the Airmagnet product and incorporate that. Much more accurate and has tons of configuration options.

Dennis

Thanks

Mark

Dennis-

Are you referring to AirMagnets Enterprise Analyzer for Cisco? The site I'm at is looking into wireless tools - they've got WCS, but just started to look into either AM's Enterprise Analyzer or Cisco's Spectrum Expert - not sure which way to go....

Airmagnet Site Survey Pro with Planning Module. This is the best predictive Ive seen to date for .11n. I own Airmagnet WifiAnalyzer and Spectrum Expert as well. They each have very important places in my tool box.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: