cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cached credentials when remote ap loses connection to wlc

che
Level 1
Level 1

I have a centrally located wlc and access points spread over several "remote" locations.

Is it in anyway possible to have an AP act like a credentials cache, at least for little while for existing wireless connections, until the wlc is back??

In this case the authentication is 802.1X with certificates.

I seem to remember something about this beeing possible in som degree but i fail to find it in written text.

Hopefully someone can shead some light on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FlexConnect, with a Flex Group, can do this to some extent.  It doesn't cache the credentials, but it does allow you to define a 'backup' radius server that the AP can authenticate with durin the timeframe that it can't reach the WLC>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FlexConnect, with a Flex Group, can do this to some extent.  It doesn't cache the credentials, but it does allow you to define a 'backup' radius server that the AP can authenticate with durin the timeframe that it can't reach the WLC>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks for the quick response that was exactly the info i was looking for.

Now to see if the theory meets with reality.

Thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: