cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Cisco 1242 AP participate in a 1510 Mesh AP network?

misramanish
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting mixed views from different vendors whether a Cisco 1242 AP can participate in an outdoor 1510 Mesh AP network using some sort of external antenna or something?

I personally feel that it should be doable because both are Cisco devices. Or is a total no-no and I must find some other way to connect a wired indoor building to a Mesh external wireless network?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

misramanish
Level 1
Level 1

Let me rephrase my question in case more clarity is needed. If I downgrade (or ugprade) my 1242 from an autonomous IOS state to a LWAPP mode code, and place it next to a 1510 outdoor MESH AP, will it talk to the 1510 and share MESH information and allow clients to pass traffic through to a RAP 1510?

Any informed pointers will be helpful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_data_sheet0900aecd8031c844.html

Does not say "MESH" but it does say...

Designed for rugged environments and installations that require antenna versatility, the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series features antenna connectors for extended range or coverage versatility and more flexible installation options. Manufacturing applications, for example, can place WLANs in hazardous locations and remotely place antennas in the hazardous locations while securing the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series Access Points. The access point without wired connection will use the 5-GHz radio to wirelessly connect to the other access point for backhaul to the network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card