cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a PC get ip from dhcp via AP 1200 radio port instead of ethernet port?

haseeb_eng
Level 1
Level 1

The scenarios is like this :-

PC--AP1--radiowirlesslink--AP2--network(dhcp)

Scenario: I had connected Cisco Wireless AP 1200's(AP2) ethernet interface to the network and it is getting IP address from dhcp, and then i had connected another Cisco 1200 access point (AP1) with AP2 via radio interface. AP1 also got the ip address from the DHCP. Uptill here everything works fine.

Problem: Now i want the PC behind AP1 to get the DHCP server IP address also. AP1 is in repeater and AP2 is in root mode. Anybody can tell me is it possible if yes then what is the procedure ?

3 Replies 3

amitubale
Level 1
Level 1

Yes that is posible. The senario you have will let the PC get a DHCP addr. Configure tha PC for wireless acces and obtain a DHCP addr and it will work.

You misunderstood the scenario. I should have explain the scenario in a better way . It is like like this :-

PC(connected to ethernet port of 1st 1200)----Radio Link--------2nd 1200 Access Point----Internal LAN(DHCP)

hi

i dont think that in repeater mode u would be getting ip while conecting through ethernet port. you have to connect your desktop through wireless only to get dhcp ip

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card