cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can an AIR-LAP1310g be powered from a POE switch?

dave-curnow
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to replace a number of access points with Cisco lightweight AP, however these will be deployed in a harsh environment around -25C, and the only AP I can find capable of working at these temperatures is the air-lap1310g. However this appears to require either a nearby 240V source or up to 30M of RG6 with a remote power source.

As the network I am connecting to is made up entirely of Cisco POE switches I was wondering if anyone could offer a solution that would enable POE power of the Access points.

I have seen APs powered from a POE splitter in the past but cannot find a reference to these or the details of a manufacturer.

Any support or advice would be gratefully received.

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1310 can not be power with PoE directly from the switch but you can add a power injector and extend the power cable from the power injector to the AP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a008022551d.html#wp1003676

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thank you for the reply, I suppose what I meant to ask was whether the power injector LR2 can take its power form a POE switch rather than from the power supply AIR-PWRINJ-BLR2=. As it stands I have ordered the 100ft AIR-CAB100DRG6-F and will complete the trial with this, if the trial is sucessful I will need to replace another ten outdated Symbol AP5131 access points with the Cisco ones.

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card