Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can an AIR-LAP1310g be powered from a POE switch?

I am looking to replace a number of access points with Cisco lightweight AP, however these will be deployed in a harsh environment around -25C, and the only AP I can find capable of working at these temperatures is the air-lap1310g. However this appears to require either a nearby 240V source or up to 30M of RG6 with a remote power source.

As the network I am connecting to is made up entirely of Cisco POE switches I was wondering if anyone could offer a solution that would enable POE power of the Access points.

I have seen APs powered from a POE splitter in the past but cannot find a reference to these or the details of a manufacturer.

Any support or advice would be gratefully received.

Everyone's tags (5)
2 REPLIES

1310 can not be power with PoE directly from the switch but you can add a power injector and extend the power cable from the power injector to the AP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a008022551d.html#wp1003676

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thank you for the reply, I suppose what I meant to ask was whether the power injector LR2 can take its power form a POE switch rather than from the power supply AIR-PWRINJ-BLR2=. As it stands I have ordered the 100ft AIR-CAB100DRG6-F and will complete the trial with this, if the trial is sucessful I will need to replace another ten outdated Symbol AP5131 access points with the Cisco ones.

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies