Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone please tell me if the 3850 WLC supports Guest Anchor

olavarr69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I read in the datasheet that the 3850 does not support Guest Anchor services, but I was wondering if this has changed with new code?  Does anyone know if the 3850 can support Guest Anchor, and if so would you need the WLC license to do so?

Thanks....

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently the 3850 is not supported as a guest anchor
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/release_notes/OL_30562_01.html#pgfId-746207

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Nicholas Darrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 3850 can be the foreign anchor for guest traffic. So if your 3850 is currently running converged access("CA") and terminating CAPWAP traffic, then it can anchor guest traffic to a centralized controller running "New Mobility" (which would be any AireOS controller running 7.3MR1/7.5/7.6 or similar IOS controller 5760).

The 3850 can also support wired-guest anchoring as a foregin controller to a centralized host. It cannot "be the anchor" for other guests, the 5760/5508/2504 are better suited for that task.

_Nico

CCIEW #38552

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card