Views
Helpful
Replies

can I configure Autonomous AP as repeater at LWAP Network

Ahmed Ayaad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team ,

I have AP 1602I-E-K9 already,I convert it from LWAP to Autonomous AP with ap1g2-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1 IOS, can i use it as repeater from LWAP ( AIR-LAP 1042N-E-K9 )  ,

Already I use the attached configuration and don't work.

Please Advise can i use autonomous AP to work as a repeater  from LAP.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Repeaters are not supported when connecting to a lightweight access point.  Your better off using MESH.  Here is a guide to indoor mesh.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_white_paper09186a0080b1c101.shtml

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Repeaters are not supported when connecting to a lightweight access point.  Your better off using MESH.  Here is a guide to indoor mesh.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_white_paper09186a0080b1c101.shtml

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

As Scott said, it is not supported.

You can configure your AAP as Work Group Bridge (WGB) & then you can associate it to a LAP (1042). But normally WGB is used to connect wired client to your wireless network. Refer this post if you are interest on that.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/04/30/wgb-with-capwap/

What is your business requiremnt see whether any other alternatives available for you ?

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Dear Scott,

Already the Autonomous AP worked as arepeater with LWAP after i make LWAP in Root mode and the below configuration in Autonomous AP . and i test it by (sh dot11 association), but i face the below error when any user try to connect internet through the Repeater.

Configuration:

AP(config)# dot11 ssid ssid string

AP(config_ssid)#authentication open

AP(config_ssid)#guest mode (to Broadcast SSID)

AP(config_ssid)#infrastructure-ssid(to instruct non root AP and associate with SSID)

AP(config_ssid)#exit

AP(config)#interface dot11radio 0

AP(config_If)#ssid ssid string

AP(config_if)#station-role repeater

AP(config_if)#parent 1 mac address for interface dot11radio 0

AP(config_if)#bridge group 1

AP(config_if)#no shutdown

error:

*Mar  1 00:28:12.434: %DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Station   5c0a.5ba5.2928 Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

*Mar  1 00:28:43.277: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 5c0a.5ba5.2928 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

Please Advice with steps to solve this issue. Knowing that i can ping to yahoo.com from AAP.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card