cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I do this?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have an 871W and an 1100 series access point.

My 871W has wireless configured, and it's my main source of internet access.

I have my 1100 configured that I connect to when I do my lab (it's connected to an 871, 2 2950 switches, and a 2821).

Is it possible for me to connect to my 1100 THROUGH my 871W?

If so, how do I need to configure it? It's kindof a pain to have to disconnect from the 1100 to get connected to the internet to look something up, and then disconnect from there to get back on my lab equipment.

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

You can configure the 1100 to act as a workgroup bridge to the 871, but it appears that you're trying to keep your lab separated from your network, and this would connect them. It would be the equivalent of connecting your lab equipment to your network via a wired connection.

To do this, configure your 1100 as a workgroup bridge under the Radio configuration. You'll configure it with the same SSID as your 871 has.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

You can configure the 1100 to act as a workgroup bridge to the 871, but it appears that you're trying to keep your lab separated from your network, and this would connect them. It would be the equivalent of connecting your lab equipment to your network via a wired connection.

To do this, configure your 1100 as a workgroup bridge under the Radio configuration. You'll configure it with the same SSID as your 871 has.

Thank you!

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card