Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can I shut the Ethernet port on a AP/BR 350 ?

On some of the AP/BR 350's configured as Reaperters, I constantly see the messages

Started fe0

Stopped fe0

Can I stop the ethernet packet forwarding and the status to down. since I dont have any ethernet connections ?

Amit

3 REPLIES

Re: Can I shut the Ethernet port on a AP/BR 350 ?

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

You probably didn't get any response for your question due to the lack of information. Question #1, if you don't require the ethernet connectivity of the 350AP then why do you have the unit installed?

With that said, the ethernet port starting and stopping most often is caused by a port mismatch setting. Example: Setting the AP port at 100Bt Full duplex while being uplinked into a 10Bt hub. Again, more information would be helpful for the forum and especially if you call a TAC engineer.

Thanks for your response

well the reason the AP does not have a ethernet connection in it is because I am using it as a Repeater.

In Cisco documentation it says that when you configure a AP as reapeater it does not use the ethernet port. therefore I was puzzeled to see the error in the AP (Started/Stopped fe0).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content