Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't add AP to new controller

taelon_x7
Level 1
Level 1

Morning,

I just added a new controller to our wireless environment to support AP's in our remote offices. These offices will host public hotspots so we wanted to use a 2125 controller so we could apply different security policies around it. Our corporate office uses two WiSM modules for wireless connectivity.

I setup the controller, trunk the vlan we use for our controllers and the new public hotspot vlan to it as well. Added the controller into WCS and applied a new controller template to it so I could change a few settings. After that I did an audit on the controller just to make sure everything matched up before adding an AP to test connectivity.

For some reason, I can not get an AP to join at all. The AP will join the master controller, then we I change the AP settings to use to the 2125 controller (in WCS), restart, it still will not join. I turned on debug on the 2125 and it doesn't even look like the AP attempts to join because I don't see anything come across the LWAPP debug.

If I assign the new 2125 as the primary controller to the AP and a controller on one of my WiSM modules as a secondary controller, the AP will always join the secondary controller, no matter which one I say to use. If I set the AP to use the 2125 as all three controllers, it will default back to the controller in master controller mode....

What is going on????

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card