Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can't add AP to new controller

Morning,

I just added a new controller to our wireless environment to support AP's in our remote offices. These offices will host public hotspots so we wanted to use a 2125 controller so we could apply different security policies around it. Our corporate office uses two WiSM modules for wireless connectivity.

I setup the controller, trunk the vlan we use for our controllers and the new public hotspot vlan to it as well. Added the controller into WCS and applied a new controller template to it so I could change a few settings. After that I did an audit on the controller just to make sure everything matched up before adding an AP to test connectivity.

For some reason, I can not get an AP to join at all. The AP will join the master controller, then we I change the AP settings to use to the 2125 controller (in WCS), restart, it still will not join. I turned on debug on the 2125 and it doesn't even look like the AP attempts to join because I don't see anything come across the LWAPP debug.

If I assign the new 2125 as the primary controller to the AP and a controller on one of my WiSM modules as a secondary controller, the AP will always join the secondary controller, no matter which one I say to use. If I set the AP to use the 2125 as all three controllers, it will default back to the controller in master controller mode....

What is going on????

Views
Helpful
Replies