Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Can't pass traffic on WGB connected to LWAPP APs

I am using 12.3(8)JEB1 on a 1232 AP. I have the following config:

dot11 ssid cmcrf

authentication open

!

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

no ip route-cache

!

encryption key 1 size 40bit 7 <snip> transmit-key

encryption mode wep mandatory

!

ssid cmcrf

!

station-role workgroup-bridge

mobile station period 20 threshold 70

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

!

interface BVI1

ip address dhcp

no ip route-cache

!

bridge 1 route ip

The workgroup bridge associates fine with a parent AP, but when I connect my laptop to the FE0 port, I can only ping the AP. I cannot ping past the AP (e.g. the gateway.)

I am using WLC code 4.0.179.11

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Can't pass traffic on WGB connected to LWAPP APs

Hi Steven,

My understanding of the WGB with LWAPP config was that support was only added in WLC 4.1.171.0. Have a look;

Workgroup bridge (WGB) support - Cisco Aironet autonomous access points operating in WGB mode can now associate to Cisco Aironet lightweight access points (except Cisco Airespace AP1000 series access points) to provide an 802.11 wireless connection to wired devices. The WGB is supported only in client mode and not in infrastructure mode and must run Cisco IOS Release 12.4(3g)JA or later (on 32-MB access points) or Cisco IOS Release 12.3(8)JEB or later (on 16-MB access points). WGB functionality is not supported for use with hybrid REAP.

The autonomous WGB access point learns the MAC address of the wired client and then informs the lightweight access point and controller that the device is operating on the wireless network. This scenario provides transparent bridging for wired clients and secure roaming.

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/prod_release_note09186a008082d849.html#wp147320

Release Notes for Cisco Aironet Access Points for Cisco IOS Release 12.3(8)JEB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 26, 2007

These release notes describe minor features and caveats for Cisco IOS Maintenance Release 12.3(8)JEB. They also provide important information about Cisco Aironet 1100, 1200, and 1230 series autonomous access points. The Cisco Aironet 350 series is no longer supported in this release or any future release.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/b38jebrn.html#wp23144

Release Notes for Cisco Aironet Access Points for Cisco IOS Release 12.4(3g)JA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 26, 2007

These release notes describe features, enhancements, and caveats for special technology early deployment release Cisco IOS Release 12.4(3g)JA. Release 12.4(3g)JA supports 32 Mb Cisco autonomous access points including Cisco Aironet 1100, 1130, and 1240 series access points, 1300 series access point/bridges, and 1400 series bridges.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/b41jarnh.html#wp23144

Hope this helps!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.