cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't setup a Lobby Ambassador account??

dselfridge
Level 1
Level 1

I've just installed a new WLC4402 (50AP) and am trying to set up guest WLAN access.

So far I have a seperate VLAN and WLAN configured and have secured the VLAN to allow only access to the internet after web-auth.

I go to the 'Management> Local Management Users> New Page'

But the only types of account available are 'Read/Write' and 'Read Only', Should the 'lobby Ambassador' be listed here, or am I missing something?

All the best to all the Forum users for the season.

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Benjamin Solero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

It should be there if you are running 4.0+ software. If you are running 4.0+ then you could try adding the user via CLI to see if it's an option:

config mgmtuser lobby-admin

If you are running 3.2 or earlier, then that's the problem.

-Ben

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Benjamin Solero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

It should be there if you are running 4.0+ software. If you are running 4.0+ then you could try adding the user via CLI to see if it's an option:

config mgmtuser lobby-admin

If you are running 3.2 or earlier, then that's the problem.

-Ben

Thanks Ben,

I'll give that a try as soon as possible and let you know how I get on. I'm not sure of the software version, I'll check that out also.

Happy new year to all

Dan

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in posting.

I upgraded the WLC4402 to the latest version of code and now all is resolved. Thanks for your help.

Regards, Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card