cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Upgrade Cisco Aironet 1100 Series Access Point Firmware!

I have tried the tftp/telnet method. I have tried force-reload, overwrite and leave-old. None of them work however.

I tried the web interface, but It keeps saying software upgrade disrupted about 15 seconds in every time. I tried to use the tftp on the web interface but that doesn't work either. I tried a hardwire connection from a lap top directly into the access point, but I get the same result as the web interface. I turned off pop-up blocker on IE as well.

Any Suggestions? Thanks

4 Replies 4

wanstar42
Level 1
Level 1

Did this yesterday to an old AP1100. 1st of all, you will need a tftp server program, suggest tftp32 and is free via the internet. Place new image in the default folder for tftp32. doubleclick the tftp32 icon and the program will be running during the upgrade process. The method I use is an image overwrite. Your AP will be tested for memory allocation before the upgrade is performed. Use the following syntax:

ap#archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.10/c:/tftp32/c1100-k9w7-tar.123-4.JA.tar

you will need to use your clients ip address for the tftp://x.x.x.x statement and the directory where the new image is stored for the c:/tfpt32/c1100-xxxx-tar.xxx-x.xx.tar.

hope this helps...

Thanks but it didn't work. I have included a picture. Did I do something wrong.

http://img351.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error8wy.jpg

only a minor mistake....you were attempting to do the archive command from "user" mode (ap>) instead of using priveleged exec mode (ap#). at the ap> type and enter the word enable....if you have a global password configured, then you'll have to enter it...if not...it should be username: Cisco password: Cisco

make the corrections and let me know how it goes.

I would like to personaly thank you. I think you saved my job!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card