cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can the antenna for 340 be used by 1310?

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

a customer deployed Aironet 340 with WISP24015PTNF WISPerformance Series Enclosed Yagi Antenna

I searched the antenna, here're some parameters

Electrical Specifications

Frequency Range 2.4-2.48 GHz

Front to Back Ratio 30 dB

Horizontal Beamwidth 30?

Nominal Gain 15 dBi

Vertical Beamwidth 30?

Mechanical Specifications

Cable 18" coax

Dimensions 14" L x 3" OD

Equivalent Flat Plate Area 0.20 sq. ft.

Lateral Thrust 18.3 lbs

Wind Loading 1 lb

The customer is intended to replace Aironet 340 with AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-T, however keeps the old antennas.

From Cisco Website, I got following info about 1310's antenna.

Antennas for the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point or Bridge with RP-TNC Type Connector

Product Number

Product Description

AIR-ANT2414S-R1

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 14-dBi sector antenna

AIR-ANT2506

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 5.2-dBi omnidirectional mast-mount antenna

AIR-ANT241201

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 12-dBi omnidirectional mast-mount antenna

AIR-ANT19491

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 13.5-dBi Yagi antenna

AIR-ANT2410Y-R

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz , 10-dBi Yagi antenna

AIR-ANT33381

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 21-dBi dish antenna

AIR-ANT3549

Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 9-dBi patch antenna

Since Cisco doesn't list an antenna with Nominal Gain 15 dBi, I'm not sure if antenna WISP24015PTNF works with Aironet 1310?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

If the new radio has RP-TNC connectors then it will work. However, be advised that those antennas are old enough to be on a 340 then they may be suspect. I would start over with new gear for my enetrprise application and take those home to test with...

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

It should work fine.

You should encourage the customer to at least break & reconnect each fitting from the radio to the antenna input, add new weather protectant to the outside joints (Coax-Seal ... I hate it, but it's fairly available (i.e., Radio Shack)), and usually a good idea to replace the (so-called) "lightening arrestor" periodically ... they do age, whether they're hit or not.

Also clean and re-connect the grounding to the masts and shields ... they also oxidize over time and become less effective.

If the yagi elements are bent, twisted, or otherwise out-of-shape, the antenna should be replaced.

Good Luck

Scott

Thanks, guys. Appreciate your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card