cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can wireless thermostats coexist with LWAP infrastructure?

rkozel
Level 1
Level 1

We have a request from our building engineering group to install wireless thermostats

from Cypress Envirosystems throughout an entire facility. These thermostats use the

2.4Ghz frequency, but run over their own repeaters and "AP-like" devices, not our

existing wireless infrastructure.

Their design touts several features which they claim will play well alongside an existing

wireless network. The design includes frequency hopping, short duty cycle, minute

data transfer. I'm very reluctant to approve this installation due to the potential for

interference. Does anyone out there have any experience with this type of device --

especially within an acute-care hospital setting??  Out network is comprised of

5508's using a mix of 1262, 1242, and 1142.

Thanks in advance.....Rob K.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have no experience with those, but frequency hopping is not a good thing. Instead of utilizing one channel which would be okay, it will be seen on all your 2.4ghz channels. I would test it put first.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Frequency hopping?  On a 2.4Ghz?   Are you certain?  That's sooooooo not good.

Try this product below.  It's got a good track record in the medical industry for monitoring refrigerated stocks.

AeroScout T5 Sensor Tags

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: