Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can WLC interface connected to L3 interface of Switch

HI

I have one query .Can we connect the cisco WLC5508 port to switch port which has IP Configured on e.g 192.168.1.1/30 on switch side .

As far as in know , in WLC you have to mention the VLAN ID on the managemnet port .How can we do this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Why do you require L3 port to connect to WLC ? from WLC end you cannot configured it as a routed port as that device is L2 only (No routing capability)

WLC connected switchport can be access port or trunk port, but all most all the time we configure it as a trunk port since we require more than 1 vlan available at WLC end for wireless use.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

WLC is a layer 2 device, so you have to configure WLC connected switchport as a trunk port in order to support multiple vlan in your wireless environment

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks Rasika

Id there any possible way that we can connect Switch L3 port directly to WLC distribution port ?

Or only acces sport or trunk port is allowed on this ?

I hope ,I am clear about my query.

VIP Purple

Why do you require L3 port to connect to WLC ? from WLC end you cannot configured it as a routed port as that device is L2 only (No routing capability)

WLC connected switchport can be access port or trunk port, but all most all the time we configure it as a trunk port since we require more than 1 vlan available at WLC end for wireless use.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi Rasika

This is just for my information only .just wondeering is that possible or not .

Views
Helpful
Replies