cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot associate between non-root to root on 1300 Bridge

lawanciricillo
Level 1
Level 1

I installed 4 1300 Bridges, point to multipoint configuration. One bridges is acting as root whereas the other 3 are non-root. The SSID are locked down manually. None of these non-root can associate to the root, I noticed that the wireless interface is (hardware/software) are down eventhough I enabledit. When I changed the non-root to become root, the wireless interface went up. This doesn't make sense. Pls help. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

kwonza
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure you have checked the required parameters needed to connect your non-root bridges, i.e. distance is set for the root, pwr settings, no encryption set for now. I've seen this issue as well on the 1310 with no solution from Cisco. It works well in a PP link. Try to establish the PP link between one bridge first. Leave the SSID as tsunami and broadcast it. Make sure you can associate with one of the non-root when you set it up for client association. I'm sure the radio is fine, but this can verify that.

Yes,just using the basic setting with no encryption. I upgraded the firmware to the latest 12.3(7)JA2, supposedly fix this issue but to no success. Anyone?

Have you had any success in your PMP configuration?

hi to all

I am also stuck in a same problem, we have a 5 aironet 1300 series with yagi antenna, 1 as root and 4 as non root. While moving the antenna we get a good ping response of 3 msec but after some time it got to 1500 msec

Can any body tell me wat can i do to decrease the response time. as the distance to main branch is 5Km.

Please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks

PASCAL DECK
Level 1
Level 1

If you are setting up a bridge as a non-root, the radio interface will not come up unless it is associated to the root even if it is enabled! So you be seeing an association problem between the two BR?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card