Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant seem to get AP's to recognize 4402 WLC

rlaudicina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 4402 WLC's and am in the process of deploying 1042 APs out to sites. But The AP's wont recognize the WLC. I have configured the DNS for CAPWAP but still no dice. I have had to serial into each unit and give it a static IP and then I can see it on the WLC. Shoulsnt this be automatic? what am I missing?

21 Replies 21

Does the WLC show reachable from the WCS server?  can you post some secreen shots from the WLC and the WCS.  It's hard to really understand the issue without seeing how things look.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes. everything is functional, Both WLC's can be seen and accessed from WCS. Also all existing AP's can be seen and accessed via WCS. It's just when I add a new AP, it dosent show up in the "Configure Access Points" Page.

What version is on your WLC and on WCS? You have enough license on the WCS correct?

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

All licensed

WCS version is 7.0.172.0

Ap limit is 150

I have less than 100 Ap's installed

What is the WLC version

-Scott

Can you post some screen shots.  One with the AP showing on the WLC and the error you see in WCS.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card