Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CAPWAP error in logs - CAPWAPPING-3-PKT_RECV_ERROR

Hi Everyone

I'm seeing the following message in my logs every 30 seconds:

396901: Apr  2 2014 13:31:20.958 BST: *capwapPingSocketTask: 1 wcm:  %CAPWAPPING-3-PKT_RECV_ERROR: capwapPingSocketTask: capwappingRecvPkt returned error

Does anyone know what this means or how I can find out more information? This is a new network without many users at present, but I'm not aware of any operational issues. I'm just concerned that this is a syslog level 3 message (Error), so I assume it's fairly serious and warrants investigation.

The set up is a single 3850 operating as an MC with three APs directly attached (AP model is 2602).

Happy to provide config or any show command output - just let me know what you need.

Thanks!

Rich.

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

What is this IOS version of

What is this IOS version of your 3850 ? If it is not 3.3.2, I would upgrade to that code & see

In general, here is a very good presentation how to troubleshoot CA issues. Below is the link to recorded video session.

BRKEWN-3021 - Troubleshooting Converged Access Wireless Deployments (2014 Melbourne)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Community Member

Thanks for the reply! :-)It's

Thanks for the reply! :-)

It's running version 03.02.02.SE, so I'll upgrade and see if it disappears. I won't get a chance to do it until next week, but I'll let you know whether it worked.

I'll also check out those links.

Cheers

Rich.

Community Member

Hello.did upgrade work?

Hello.

did upgrade work?

Community Member

Haven't had a chance to

Haven't had a chance to upgrade it yet. Will post results here when I do though.

Community Member

Ok. But for me no upgrade was

Ok. But for me no upgrade was needed. I configured everything according to guide and everithing disappeared)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content