cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst2950 and Symbol AP3021

jeffrey.wong
Level 1
Level 1

Here's something interesting. A small office (A) has a Symbol AP3021 outside acting as a wireless bridge connected to a 2950 switch. The building across the street (B) also has a Symbol AP3021 as a wireless bridge connected to a 2950 switch.

I'm able to telnet into the switch in (A) and see all the desktops connected on the switch in building (B) by viewing the mac-address-table. Also switch (B)'s CDP information can be viewed from the cdp neighbors. Only problem is no ping or telnet is possible to switch (B). Weird. Any thoughts? (Please, Cisco APs is not an option. I've tried.)

2 Replies 2

bmcmurdo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know how the Symbol APs work, but you could not do this with Cisco APs! - You would need Bridges.

For one AP to wirelessly connect to another AP, one (or both if multi-hop repeating) of the APs need to be in repeater mode. When an AP is in repeater mode, its Ethernet port is not used.

Hi, the ap3021 is 2Mbps, it´s recommended to have 11Mbps in radio link.

regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: