cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Default Enable Password on WAP

garrycook
Level 1
Level 1

I've just become aware of this forum, it looks like a great resource. However, during my initial search I was not able to find an answer to the following issue.

I have 1130AG LWAPPs that I'm deploying to several offices. My corporate datacenter has WLC and WCS. How can I change the default enable password on these LWAPPs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

I think this is what you were looking for;

Obtaining a Password to Enter into EXEC mode on the AP Console

An IOS LWAPP access point uses "Cisco" as the default enable password, but to enable these commands for easy deployment, you must first provide the access point with a new enable password. This new password enables you to enter into EXEC mode on the access point console.

When you enter the following command from the controller console, the controller sends a username and a password to the access point:

config ap username user-id password pass {AP-name | all}

If you enter a AP-name argument, the username and password is configured only for the specified access point. If you enter the all keyword, the username and password are sent to all access points that are registered to the controller.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp173539

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

I think this is what you were looking for;

Obtaining a Password to Enter into EXEC mode on the AP Console

An IOS LWAPP access point uses "Cisco" as the default enable password, but to enable these commands for easy deployment, you must first provide the access point with a new enable password. This new password enables you to enter into EXEC mode on the access point console.

When you enter the following command from the controller console, the controller sends a username and a password to the access point:

config ap username user-id password pass {AP-name | all}

If you enter a AP-name argument, the username and password is configured only for the specified access point. If you enter the all keyword, the username and password are sent to all access points that are registered to the controller.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp173539

Hope this helps!

Rob

That sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Rob!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

First off, Thanks, and welcome to these Forums :) You will find this to be a great resource with an absolute wealth of info being provided by some real experts.

Wireless,Voice,Lan/Wan,Security,VPN, etc. etc. All of these areas of technology and more are well represented and can surely help us to learn and grow.

These Forums are well run by Cisco, with excellent Moderators and participation by Cisco SE's and Product Managers. Keep an eye open for "Ask the Expert" events (that are archived) and give you the opportunity to pick the brains of product experts.

Again, Welcome aboard! Have fun!

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card