Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisci Aironet 350 Series question

valery.efimov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using the Aironet 340/350 Series PCI Cards with 50-mW transmit power. How can I increase the transmit power up to 100-mW? Do I need to upgrade the card?

Thanks,

Valery

4 Replies 4

vblavet
Level 1
Level 1

if you are in europe you can not increase the power over 50mW. The EIRP limit in europe is 100mW and the minimum antenna you can have add a gain of 2.2 db. The gain will give a 100mW EIRP (at the antenna output) with an AP at 50mw.

I have AIR-PCI350 SERIES Card which I want to use at 100mW transmit power. If I can't use it in Europe, I won't, but I would like to know how can I use it physically. Do I need to change something on the card? Do I have to do some upgrade and to add some component? Do I have to configure it correctly? Where can I get such information? That was my question.

Thanks a lot,

Valery

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With 350 series client cards you should be able to boost it upto 100mw from ACU (Aironet client Utility) ..I have it in my PC and using ACU under profile section and RF network parameters, i can select the tx power for 100mw...ACU is the only way to interface with wireless card on PC..

So try to install the latest firmware version for PCI 350 and ACU..Here is the place which discuss that

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/incfg/win_ch6.htm#xtocid3

Not applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card