Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1100/1200 802.11g upgrade kit

After trying this upgrade in both a 1200 and 1100 series AP I am extremely disappointed in the througput I am getting.

Even when set to "G-only" and operating in an area which is free from any other RF traffic I can only achieve 20.5Mbps.

Perhaps I have missed a setting in the config somewhere... Anybody else experiencing poor g-only performance on this 802.11g upgrade??

Thanks

Dave S.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco 1100/1200 802.11g upgrade kit

Did you try reseating the specific .11g radio into the chassis? The radio itself could be a suspect. Once the radio is reseated it would be very useful to restore the AP to default configurations and then reload your non-default to get a clean slate.

Is there any info or links on how to accomplish the b to g upgrade on a 1200 AP? Cost?

Thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_quick_start09186a00800c7515.html

The instructions in this doc are pretty much the same for upgrading from b to g. This doc refers to removing or replacing b. You will get all the docs you need when you purchase the radio.

Views
Helpful
Replies