Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Cisco 1130 AG_Image loading

Dear Friends,

I have a cisco 1130AG Access point, IOS has been corrupted,

I tryied to install the image, but could not done sucessfully.

I followed the below steps.

1. I run the tftp server and connected the ap throug lan, where the tftp is running

2. hypertrm also running on same pc

3. i copied image file in tftp server's root folder.

Note:- image file name c1130-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JA1. i rename c1130-k9w7-tar.default

4. i gone to mode button of ap

but i could not install install the image, i am getting error mess on tftp Timeout error sending c1130-k9w7-tar.default from (10.0.0.1), 0bytes

in hypertrm i am getting message 

examining image...Tar checksum error in fd 0

ERROR: Failed to extract from archive file tftp://255.255.255.255/c1130-k9w7-tar
.default

for for information plz find the attached file, i copied from hypertrm

Thanks & Regards, Srinivas. N.
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

And what is your TFTP server IP address?

Is the TFTP server and the WAP in the same VLAN?

Hi leolaohoo,

thanks for replying,

TFTP server IP is 10.0.0.2 (if IPs are not in the same series TFTP will not communicate with WAP)

WAP is connected directly to TFTP server's pc through cat cable, then why we required VLAN and how u will assain VLAN to both.

Srinivas.

Thanks & Regards, Srinivas. N.
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Ok.  SO did you press the MODE button during a power reset of the WAP?

Re: Cisco 1130 AG_Image loading

Srini:

with the checksum error mentioned, this indicates probably a corrupted image file. it might get corrupted during installation.

can you open the file with WinRAR?

you can check the checksum of your image and compare it to the md5 checksum of the image that is metnioned in cisco site (in same page from which you try to download the image the md5 checksum for the image you are trying to download will be menitoned). I bit that the checksum is not correct and there is some kind of checksum error (this is clearly seen in your terminal's info).

I suggest that you download the image again, rename it and try one more time. I think this will probably solve your issue.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content