Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1130 AS repeater.

p.nordlien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I have succesfully configured a Cisco 1231 AP and a Cisco 1131 AP AS a repeater. It works just fine with iphones, ipads and one of my PCs. However, two HP PCs that have Intel Centrino Ultimate wirelesscard looses connection to Internett when they roam to the repeater. They are able to ping and telnet the repeater, but no traffic passes it.

Intel support forum suggests playing with the roaming aggressiveness setting, but no avail. I assume its a driver/intel issue, but maybe someone here has some tips?

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it's an issue with a few devices and you have determined its a certain brand or model, then it's most likely the device. Not much you can do on the repeater end as far as configuration. I would look at using a different driver or if you have the latest, maybe downgrading to a lower version.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

julienmichalak
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

REgards

No, I did not. However, I got the to clients working somehow. Don't remember what I did, but it is still operational after 2 years. There is a througput issue though. Clients connectet to the repeater have far less than half of the throughput.

Thank you for your reply

I think the problem is identical to that

https://tools.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCup11548

so 

Workaround:
Have the parent AP be the one running the most recent AP model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card