Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1242AG low maximum transmit power

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Hey all,

I recently got a brand new Cisco 1242AG access point (AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9) and fired it up, as I was configuring it I noticed something interesting.

First of all the 802.11a radio only offers the following channels: 36,40,44,48,149,153,157,161; which is wierd since that means there are 4 channels missing. I can't find a cause to this or remedy other than downgrading the code to 12.3.7(JA1) at which point i get all the channels back.

The other thing I noticed is that on my other older 1242 AP's the power levels are -1 2 5 8 11 14 17, but yet this new one only goes to 11; so the available power levels are -1, 2, 5, 8, 11

Does anyone know why this is? I am not aware of any regulartory changes that would affect these.

Thanks,

Kayle 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kayle,

Have a look at this excellent thread which describes the behavior you are seeing.

There is great info from Brian and Young from Cisco along with a documentation

Bug ID;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1318296#1318296

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kayle,

Have a look at this excellent thread which describes the behavior you are seeing.

There is great info from Brian and Young from Cisco along with a documentation

Bug ID;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1318296#1318296

Cheers!

Rob

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Kayle,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Rob is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card