Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1250 password recovery

Hi we have deployed over a hundred 1250 access builds at on of our customer locations, we initialled installed software version 5.0 however after having many issues with the software we recently downgraded to 4.2.

Yesterday I tried to console onto one of the AP and its asking for a password without the username, I have entered the username configure on the intial AP when it was first installed however this doesn't seem to work.

Is there a password recovery or an issue when downgrading from v5 to v4.2

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco 1250 password recovery

These are lightweight APs? You generally shouldn't need to console into a lightweight AP for any reason.

Try "Cisco" as the password. Other than that, 4.2 doesn't have the AP passwords, right? That's a 5.0 configuration I believe. Hmmm... otherwise, just reset the AP to factory defaults I guess. Hold the MODE button down while booting, release it when the light turns amber.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jeff,

4.2 does have the option to change the username and password of a LAP. 4.1 doesn't... The default howerever is Cisco.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

Haha, I guess I got mixed up. Thanks for the correction!

i got same problem. I tryed 2 push the Mode Button several times but after restart the enable pass on lightweigt 1252 still another then default "Cisco". Are there another options to reset the settings ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content