Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1250's

Hi,

I know the Cisco Doctrine is 1:1 swap out on these from other AP's can I get some answers for the follwing please:

1. Do I run them on 5ghz or 2.4hgz radios and if so what are the implications for clients etc. Or do I just buy the 2.4 module?

2.We have some legacy 802.11b clients that we cant lose at the moment, in a true 802.11n environment would this backward compatibility slow them down on 802.11n?

3. I know Cisco say 1:1 swap out but will they cover a bigger coverage area per AP with the better throughput and multi antennas etc?

Thanks guys

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. 1:1 swapout is OK if you've done a (comprehensive) Wireless LAN Site Survey. If not, now is the chance to get one done.

2. Do you have a WLC? If you do, you can run 15.4 watts of power on a 1250 with both radio modules on ... here's the catch, the power radius is curtailed.

3. You have the option to use other antennaes and I'll let you know of the links of you are interested.

NOTE: 1250 is not the only Draft N 2.0 AP. Have you considered the 1140? Currently the 1140 is LWAPP only. Autonomous mode 1140 via the IOS will be released shortly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card